posting information about what I am doing and adventures in faith and life.
Older posts are about students in technology, gluten-free, scouting, TJ-isms, and family happenings.
The Treasure Box Mystery and St Patrick Chaplet
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
The details of the treasure box story are being discovered and will be presented here soon.
Last night was what looks to be an annual event for a wonderful group of friends. We are members of a large…very large church. We a have 4 masses each week and each one has great music. Once a year we have a chance to say thank you to me musicians that improve and enhance our Mass Celebration. Last year we prepared Brawley Beef Prime Rib, Baked Idaho Potatoes, Assorted Veggies, Salad, and Sweet Streets Pumpkin Cranberry Bash. It was truly wonderful. My good friend Peggy decorated the tables in a very festive Christmas music way. She is so creative. My other good friend Wally, Peggy’s husband, worked with me in the kitchen. He rounded up the helpers. What a hard working bunch he found. I am not sure who had more fun the musicians or the helpers in the kitchen. This year we had a different budget. Oh but I think the food was just as good. Peggy again worked her magic on the dining room. Creating a welcoming environment festive and elegant. Using colors of red, green, and white...
As we finish up the last of the Christmas dinner leftovers in our favorite turkey casserole. I am reminded that we are very close to the New Year. I look back and see many things to be grateful for. My son and I are healthy. Nack and Umpha are healthy. Paul is making progress on being healthy. I have stopped smoking and have lost 25 lbs of not needed fat. I belie I have had more good days than pain filled days. Although I have not had a pain free day in many years. I like the ones where I can think of other things to do than to find something that will relive the pain. I know now that fibromyalgia and my weight gain are directly linked. When I am having a high pain day I am often in the kitchen looking for something, not knowing what just something. I now know that I am trying to find something that will stop the pain. Food dose not work. Not even chocolate. I have been reading about computers, internet and protocols, trying to get some information in my head for the new j...
Twelve days of Christmas There is one Christmas Carol that has always baffled me. What in the world do leaping lords, French hens, swimming swans, and especially the partridge who won't come out of the pear tree have to do with Christmas? Today, I found out. From 1558 until 1829, Roman Catholics in Ireland were not permitted to practice their faith openly. Someone during that era wrote this carol as a catechism song for young Catholics.It has two levels of meaning: the surface meaning, plus ahidden meaning known only to members of the church. Each element in the carol has a code word for a religious reality, which the children could remember. -The partridge in a pear tree was Jesus Christ. -Two turtledoves were the Old and New Testaments.-Three French hens stood for faith, hope, and love.-The four calling birds were the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John.-The five golden rings recalled the Torah or Law, the first five books of the Old Testament. -The six geese a-l...
Comments