Annual Music Dinner

Last night was what looks to be an annual event for a wonderful group of friends.
We are members of a large…very large church. We a have 4 masses each week and each one has great music. Once a year we have a chance to say thank you to me musicians that improve and enhance our Mass Celebration.
Last year we prepared Brawley Beef Prime Rib, Baked Idaho Potatoes, Assorted Veggies, Salad, and Sweet Streets Pumpkin Cranberry Bash. It was truly wonderful. My good friend Peggy decorated the tables in a very festive Christmas music way. She is so creative.
My other good friend Wally, Peggy’s husband, worked with me in the kitchen. He rounded up the helpers. What a hard working bunch he found. I am not sure who had more fun the musicians or the helpers in the kitchen.
This year we had a different budget. Oh but I think the food was just as good. Peggy again worked her magic on the dining room. Creating a welcoming environment festive and elegant. Using colors of red, green, and white truly set the mood for good food and great company.
We served Mixed greens with dried Cranberries and Pumpkin seeds, with a honey Balsamic Vinaigrette, Assorted rolls, with curled butter.
Smoked Cured Pit Ham from Meats Royal, Yams with Caramelized Bananas, and Green Beans with Roasted Tomatoes.
For dessert, we served Individual tarts filled with Pumpkin Ice cream topped with Whip cream and a dash of cinnamon.
It was wonderful to see people I had not seen for a year and to again share the gifts I have received. I was able to feed very talented people some great food as my thank you for another great year of great music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall 2009

Quick Up Date