In remembrance of the men and women who gave their lives this day at Pearl Harbor, I would ask that you all take an extra moment to say a prayer.
This week has been a bit crazy. My work at Boise State University Culinary Arts is a bit more than usual as the third semesters are preparing for their Capstone Dinner. This is a fund-raising event that
is a formal seven course event. Lots of work and stress for them and
me the one that must make sure that they have all the stuff they need
to make it happen. I know they will do a great event.
The house has been a sick ward this week, Mom, Dad, and TJ. I have been ok mostly. TJ stayed home from school Thursday and Friday. We are not going to Snow Capades Saturday in McCall, Idaho. I am somewhat glad about not going. At Camp Morrison they are preparing lunch. I called and spoke with the event organizer about a gluten free lunch for myself and my son. It was another situation of educating someone about gluten and how to prepare gluten free food. I was planning on taking our own food, but was not to thrilled about how to keep food hot in for a 2.5 hour car ride and then stay hot wile we played in the snow. I had to be the tough mom and let TJ make the choice of no school on Friday then no play in the snow. He was well enough to go to school but he had to make the decision himself. Looking at the weather, I am very glad he stayed home today.
So in fine Christmas tradition, we are going to put up our tree and make sugar cookies. Gluten Free Christmas sugar cookies. This will be a new recipe for us. Keep you fingers crossed.
We are having a movie night, popcorn, and The Pink Panther, with Steve Martin. The house will be full of laughter and germs. A perfect December evening.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is the first blog I haver seen. This could be fun. Thanks
Nack

Popular posts from this blog

Fall 2009

Quick Up Date